For the Jets
- Mark Sanchez has played better than the early score and stat sheet might indicate. Nice quick decisive throws.
- If Shonn Greene hangs onto the ball, he could be a 1,000 yard back. His low center of gravity makes him shifty for a power runner.
- RT Vladimir Ducasse got beat badly by Nading and nearly got his QB broken in half. Ducasse has not looked good in pass protection tonight so far.
- It looked like someone fell on Bart Scott's leg, but it looks like he has gone back into the game now.
For the Texans
- Mario Williams is both standing up and putting his hand in the dirt, depending on his alignment. It seems they are putting him on the strong side on run downs, and on the blind side for passing downs.
- Rookie DE J.J. Wyatt is the talk of camp for the Texans, and you can see why. He is very quick off the ball, and uses his hands very well. Keep in mind he is not going against the Jets number ones, but he looks like a hand full for them regardless. He is the Left End, having him opposite Williams on passing downs. He may not have the stats to prove it at the end of the year, but he is an impact player.
- Former Bears Safety Daniel Manning is very active flying all around the field.
- Matt Leinart has looked good, but has only thrown short and intermediate routes, nothing down the field yet.
- Running back Derrick Ward went to the locker room with a possible concussion.