Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 14, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
We write about the big injury news in the rumor mill.
The rest is listed here, in the Northern Hemisphere’s most popular Friday evening blog post.
1. Shawne Merriman (achilles, shoulder) is doubtful for the Bills. He hasn’t make a big impact this year.
T Demetrius Bell (shoulder), WR Donald Jones (ankle), LB Chris Kelsay(calf), and CB Aaron Williams (chest) are all out for Buffalo, as expected.
2. We told you about all the big Giants injuries earlier. The team may get centerDavid Baas back; he’s questionable with a neck injury.
3. Julio Jones (hamstring) is out for the Falcons. DE John Abraham (groin) and C Todd McClure (knee) are both questionable after being limited on Friday.
4. The Browns have four questionable players: WR Joshua Cribbs (knee), CB Joe Haden (knee), C Alex Mack (illness), and T Tony Pashos (ankle). Cribbs should play. Haden didn’t practice all week and should be out.
5. Cowboys wideouts Dez Bryant (thigh) and Miles Austin (hamstring) are both probable after practicing fully all week. They have a chance to expose the shaky Patriots secondary.
6. The Texans listed Andre Johnson (hamstring) as out for a second straight week. Fullback James Casey (pectoral) is doubtful. Clearly Casey’s injury wasn’t as devastating as Mario Williams‘ pectoral injury.
7. The bye week didn’t solve Baltimore’s injury woes. They still are without three key members of the secondary. CB Chris Carr (thigh), CB Jimmy Smith (ankle), and S Tom Zbikowski (head) are all out. WR Lee Evans (ankle) is out again, so wideout Torrey Smith gets another start.
8. The Colts list RB Joseph Addai (hamstring), T Anthony Castonzo (ankle), DT Drake Nevis (back), and CB Jerraud Powers (hamstring) among their questionables, but none of them practiced all week. Don’t expect any of them to play. Indy’s secondary is ugly without Powers.
9. Bengals LB Rey Maualuga (ankle) is out for Cincinnati. He’s been having a nice year. It sounds like it could be a multiple week injury.
10. Bears slot receiver Earl Bennett (chest, questionable) returned to practice this week. The end of the Dane Sanzenbacher era?
11. Packers tackle Bryan Bulaga (knee) is probable. He should return at right tackle, with Marshall Newhouse on the blind side. Left tackle Chad Clifton(hamstring) will be out a while.
13. The Redskins could have the entire roster available for their game against the Eagles. Every player on the team participated in at least a portion of practice this week.
14. Eagles DE Trent Cole (calf) and T Jason Peters (hamstring) are both out again. With tackle King Dunlap questionable, the Eagles could have to re-arrange the deck chairs on the o-line.
15. The Bucs list RB LeGarrette Blount (knee) as doubtful, but he won’t suit up. DT Gerald McCoy (hamstring) is out.
16. Seven Steelers remain out. That’s not good. The list: T Marcus Gilbert(shoulder), DT Casey Hampton (shoulder), LB James Harrison (eye), G Chris Kemoeatu (knee), RB Mewelde Moore (ankle), DE Aaron Smith (foot), and LBJason Worilds (quadricep).